Friday, September 12, 2008

just a little mommy talk

One thing I can say about being a stay at home mom is that, surprisingly, I always find something to fill my time during the day. Most of the time I stay busy with "kid duties". You can probably imagine what those might entail and most of you reading this may already experience these day to day responsibilities. My two little blessings always seem to "need" something from me...breakfast, diaper change, a snuggle, visit to the potty, face wiped, hands wiped, other places wiped, bottle, drink of milk, snack, help with something, fix an owie, water cup, lunch, is it really only lunch? I haven't even gotten started on the household duties. However, I wouldn't trade this job for any other job. This is what I do and who I am. Some days it's overwhelming, frustrating, and emotional. Other days I am overjoyed, happy, and excited to see what my kids are learning.

As I continue to "find my place" outside of being a mom, I have really enjoyed using the gifts and talents God has given me. I've been inspired to enjoy the little things in life with my children and not wish time away, but I've also enjoyed having little bits of time where I can do the things that I enjoy. It's exactly what I need to be refreshed. I have my husband to thank for being so supportive of me and giving me those times away, whether it be a quick shopping trip, a night to scrapbook, or just some extra Saturday morning sleeping in time. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, understanding, and loving husband...not to mention two beautiful children who are "my world". How did this get so sappy, I do not know, but man, I am one lucky wife and mom!


The other night I was joking with my husband at dinner as he walked into a clean house with take out Teriyaki in his hands. Sometimes, Babe, you get one or the other...not both.

Clean house, take out.
Dirty house, dinner on the table.
Simple as that.










3 comments:

Sandra said...

Such is life isn't it?

I hope you are having a great weekend.

Smith Family said...

Hi Heidi! I'd take a dirty house and the pasta any day; that looks super yummy!

Sally said...

LOL on the clean house = take out. :)

And yes... blessed we mommies are!

 
blog template by yummylolly.com