Tuesday, September 2, 2008

take a sneak peek

For this week's Talk About Tuesday - Home Tour edition over at the Lazy Organizer, I am so excited to be able to give a sneak peek into the redecorating process of our play room.

We took the Labor Day weekend very literally around our house and worked on painting our play room. Almost exactly a month ago, I shared about the dilemma in choosing a paint color for our bonus room (pretty much the dilemma was that I couldn't choose one)! Thanks to a new found motivation and some much needed help from a friend who has an eye for interior home design, the colors were chosen, two coats per wall painted (x2 colors), trim added, and everything moved back into its place in only 5 days. I guess it had taken me 6 months to get it figured out, so I once I did, I was ready to roll (and thankfully my husband was also on board)!

Here's a little sneak peak into the dramatic (and I seriously mean that) change! We still have blank walls, but I have a lot of ideas ready to take action. The largest hurdle is done. And for that, I am thankful.

BEFORE

AFTER
notice the new entertainment unit - I love IKEA!


BEFORE

AFTER
I have my eye on something from Target for that big open wall space

I'm saving my own little "creative corner" in the play room for when it is completely finished with all of its little organizers and such. Once the wall decor is in place, I hope to share yet another phase of the room...and hopefully that will be the final one and I can call this project D-O-N-E.

Go visit The Lazy Organizer for more home tour editions of Talk About Tuesday. Get inspired!

0 comments:

 
blog template by yummylolly.com